Mandarin essential oil with an extremely pleasant, sunny, citrusy scent is highly valued in aromatherapy for children and pregnant women. It is one of the mildest and safest essential oils in classical aromatherapy, which is why professionals often refer to it as the “lifeguard of children and mums”. Mandarin essential oil is extracted from the peel of unripe fruit. The highest quality mandarin essential oil is produced in Italy, Spain, Brazil and Argentina. Mandarin is especially valued for its effects on human emotions, mood and the digestive system. Suitable for irritable, hyperactive, restless children and those with fatigue.
Mandarin essential oil is one of the few balancing essential oils. People are used to hearing that citrus scents tone, but mandarin essential oil has a rare exception to this rule. That is why mandarin oil is so suitable for young children and pregnant women. It is a gentle and effective remedy for babies with colic problems and gas accumulation. Mandarin oil tones the digestive system, reduces bloating, and improves appetite. It also detoxifies the skin and our whole body! Mandarin essential oil goes well with lemon, orange, pink grapefruit, lime, bergamot, neroli, lavender, lemongrass, and ylang-ylang essential oils.
It is suitable for babies from birth and the whole family. Completely safe during pregnancy and nursing!
Attention! Mandarin essential oil can increase skin sensitivity to UV radiation. It is not recommended to be in the sun after any skin treatment with this essential oil (unless areas applied with oil are covered).
How to use:
- Diffuse mandarin essential oil with an electric diffuser. It is suitable and gentle to use both during the day and night. Add 6 to 8 drops of essential oil to use during the day, and 3 to 4 drops at night. Mandarin oil is especially suitable if you have an irritable, restless baby, an overly sensitive or hyperactive child at home. The gentle aroma of mandarin will help to balance emotions and calm the baby down. It is highly recommended for those who have difficulty falling asleep in the evening and suffer with insomnia and frequent awakenings at night. For pregnant women, the scent of mandarin oil can help to control morning sickness. Try the following synergy of oils for a balancing and soothing effect: 4 drops of lavender, 5 drops of mandarin essential oils, or 3 drops of bergamot and 5 drops of mandarin essential oils. Another synergy to try out which has a delicious scent: 2 drops of lavender, 2 drops of ylang-ylang, and 4 drops of mandarin essential oils.
- For children without an appetite diffuse mandarin essential oil in the dining room or kitchen area for around 15 to 20 minutes before a meal. This will help to improve appetite!
- Tip for mommy: if you want to test the balancing and soothing effect of mandarin essential oil very quickly, diffuse mandarin essential oil during a children’s birthday party! When best friends get tired and start to get angry, the scent of mandarin essential oil will quickly fix the problem! Give it a try and you will be pleasantly surprised!
- In case of indigestion, bloating or constipation, massage the abdomen area several times a day with the following blend: 50ml of sweet almond oil with 10 drops of mandarin essential oil. Suitable for babies from birth and the whole family. If you have a wider variety of essential oils in your collection, make your own Happy tummy aromatherapeutic blend, here is the recipe: 50ml of sweet almond oil, 5 drops of lavender, 5 drops of mandarin and 2 drops of chamomile essential oil. The blend is not only beneficial for the digestive system but it also soothes, relaxes and improves sleep. Suitable for babies from birth and the whole family.
- Give your home extra freshness and cleanliness! Add 6 to 10 drops of pure mandarin essential oil to a bucket of water, dip a cloth or mop into the bucket and clean your furniture surfaces and floors! Perfect for a family with young babies, who have just started to crawl around! The essential oil will not only pleasantly scent the premises but also kill bacteria.
- For the prevention of stretch marks during pregnancy, make your own oil blend with light and fast-absorbing camellia oil (50ml) and 12 drops of mandarin essential oil. Apply on slightly damp skin on areas such as abdomen, buttocks, thighs, breasts twice a day immediately after a bath or shower (the skin absorbs oils better while it is damp).
- If your children are nauseous when travelling by car, plane or boat, mandarin essential oil will be a great help! Let them inhale straight from the bottle, apply a drop on a paper towel and inhale, or diffuse it in a car diffuser. In severe cases, feel free to massage the stomach area with lightly diluted mandarin oil (2 drops of mandarin oil to a teaspoon of carrier oil).
- Make your own soap! Add 20 drops of pure mandarin essential oil to 200ml liquid unscented soap. Shake the container, so the oil and soap are mixed. Enjoy!
- For restless, irritable, poorly sleeping babies, children and adults with nervous tension or digestion problems, we recommend to try an aromatherapeutic bath with mandarin essential oil. Attention! Essential oils are insoluble in water, and must be diluted. In a teaspoon of carrier oil (e.g. sweet almond or camellia oil) add mandarin essential oil and pour the mixture of oils into the bath.
Mandarin essential oil drops by age:
0 to 3 months babies 1 to 2 drops
3 to 6 months babies 2 to 3 drops
6 to 12 months babies 2 to 4 drops
12 to 36 months babies 3 to 5 drops
3 to 7 year old children 4 to 6 drops
7 to 12 year old children 5 to 8 drops
12+ teenagers and adults 6 to 10 drops
Mandarin essential oil comes all the way from our suppliers in Southern Italy, and is bottled in the fragrant aromáma laboratory in Lithuania. Every single bottle is touched by our beautiful Go