Cypress is an evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean. Cemeteries, parks and gardens planted with cone-shaped trees of amazing beauty. Cypress wood is very strong – in ancient times it was used to make sarcophagi, build ships, and carve statues of gods. The Latin name for cypress “cupressus sempervirens” means “forever alive . ” The ancient Greeks and Romans associated cypress with eternity, afterlife, and transformation.
Cypress essential oil is extracted by distillation from needles, twigs and cones. The essential oil is almost colorless, with an expressive, balsamic coniferous aroma with a faint hint of spice. It goes well with cedar, pine, fir, frankincense, eucalyptus, rosemary and all citrus essential oils. Cypress oil is widely used in emotional aromatherapy because the aroma has a soothing, relaxing, but non-sleeping effect. Cypress helps to calm down and concentrate. Especially suitable for people who seem to “fly” in the dark. The aroma of cypress is said to help “ground up”. During adolescence, the aroma of cypress gives young people emotional stability.
Uses and methods of use:
- Evaporate the cypress essential oil on an evaporator . Like other conifer essential oils, cypress purifies the air and creates the feeling of a sanatorium at home. Add 6 to 8 drops of essential oil to the evaporator during the day and 3 to 4 drops of essential oil at night.
- Cypress essential oil is widely used in anti-cellulite cosmetics . Try the mixture for a massage: add 8 drops of cypress, 8 drops of rosemary and 8 drops of grapefruit essential oil to 50 ml of vegetable oil (eg sweet almonds ) . Massage the problem areas with the mixture at least once a day.
- Prepare a cypress- scented aromatherapy bath : add 4 to 5 drops of cypress essential oil to a teaspoon of vegetable oil and pour into the bath water. Take a bath in such a bath for at least 10 – 15 minutes. After the bath, you can lubricate the body with a mild, low-concentration aromatherapy mixture of 50 ml of vegetable oil and 10-12 drops of cypress essential oil.
- Add a drop of cypress essential oil to toothpaste (once it has been applied to the toothbrush). You can also make a mouthwash : a teaspoon of table salt + 5 drops of cypress essential oil. Put the mixture in pleasantly warm water, mix well and rinse your mouth several times a day.
- Aromatherapy mixture of 50ml of vegetable oil, 10 drops of cypress, 10 drops of grapefruit , 5 drops of lavender and 2 drops of chamomile pleasantly relaxes tired muscles after intense workouts .
- The most miraculous and most described property of cypress essential oil in the literature is the reduction of sweating and deodorization of the body . If you have problems with excessive sweating or unpleasant body odor (e.g. during adolescence) bathe in a cypress bath (see above), prepare foot baths with a handful of salt and a few drops of cypress and Japanese laurel essential oils. You can also drip cypress essential oil into the shower gel or wash oil (drip – two to a single rate). Such procedures will give a pleasant aroma to your body.
- A drop of cypress essential oil in your daily shampoo will help get rid of dandruff and strengthen hair .