Essential oil blend Immunity
A rich blend of carefully selected essential oils designed to strengthen the immune system and maintain the health of the respiratory system; an excellent, wonderfully aromatic companion for the cold season! The rosalina, eucalyptus staigeriana, myrtle, thyme linalool and lemon essential oils found in this mix are traditionally used in treating a weak immune system, colds, congestion and a cough.
Suited for children aged 12 months and older as well as the whole family. It is not recommended for use while pregnant. It is safe to use while breastfeeding.
How to use:
- If you are sick or feel that a cold is coming on, diffuse the blend in an essential oil diffuser. During the day use 6-8 drops, and not more than 3-4 drops at night, because the intense aroma may hinder peaceful sleep. The Immunity blend is ideal for preventative use in the office, playschool, classroom or any place with a large number of people. Essential oils cleanse the air, eases breathing, stops the spread of infection indoors, and stimulates the natural defensive mechanisms of the body.
- If you do not have an electric oil diffuser, you can make an air disinfectant spray: mix water and 40-50 drops of the Immunity essential oil blend into a 100 ml glass bottle, and spray into the in-door air as needed. Before each use, shake the bottle well as the oils do not mix with water.
- Create your own antibacterial hand soap! Put 20 drops of the Immunity blend into 200ml of fragrance-free liquid soap, and shake well to ensure the oils combine evenly with the soap base.
- During these pandemic times, when sick with colds or other infectious illnesses, clean the surfaces of your home with a disinfectant mix of essential oils and water. This will help to stop the spread of the infection, and give your home an extra cleanliness and aroma. You can even mix 10 drops of the Immunity blend into a bucket of water for cleaning the floor or furniture.
- For a blocked nose, put ONE DROP of the Immunity blend on warm hands, rub them together and inhale from palms for several minutes. You can also inhale from a tissue, piece of fabric, etc.
- A quick aid when sick: rub PURE, undiluted Immunity blend into feet. Over several minutes, the essential oils will be absorbed by the body and will stimulate the immune system, helping you get well faster. We recommend doing this 2-3 times a day.
- Sore throats, toothaches, gum infections, discomfort after dental procedures and bad breath can be treated with an aromatherapy gargle. Simply add 3-5 drops of the Immunity blend to a teaspoon of salt, pour the mixture into a glass of warm water, combine well and gargle or swish in your mouth few times a day. This procedure is suitable for adults, and children able to consciously gargle and spit out the liquid.
- Having the Immunity blend, you can very quickly and easily make one of the most popular products in our line – Immunity shield. Using 50 ml of carrier oil such as camellia (lighter) or sweet almond (heavier), mix 12-15 drops of the essential oil blend. Rub the finished mixture vigorously on your child’s entire body right after a bath or shower while the skin is still slightly damp. Repeat this every night before bed for 3 weeks, take a week’s break and then repeat again. You can do this for the whole winter season. It will gently stimulate the immune system, benefit the respiratory system and aid sleep (thanks to rosalina, myrtle and thyme linalool essential oils included in the blend).
- Make your own cough treatment: put 8 drops of the blend into 20 ml of sweet almond oil and rub into neck, chest and back several times a day. This procedure cleanses, opens and warms the respiratory tract, and eases a cough. Not suitable during pregnancy and for those who suffer from asthma!
- During the ongoing epidemic, when going to places of gathering, such as schools or offices, put a drop of the Immunity blend on your scarf or outer clothes (along the shoulder line). The essential oils will vaporize with your body heat, keeping you safe from foreign bacteria and viruses.
- This blend is ideal for use in the sauna! Pour hot water (60-70°C) into a metal dish, add 20-30 drops of essential oils and place in the hottest corner of the sauna.
- Aromatherapy in the bath works in 2 ways: through your sense of smell and your skin. A bath with the scent of the Immunity blend not only stimulates the immune system, but also pleasantly warms and opens the airways, decongests the nose, and eases a cough. That is why you should treat yourself to a healing bath when sick (but not feverish).
- Attention! Never add pure, undiluted essential oils straight into your bath water! Mix the required amount of essential oil into half a glass of milk or a teaspoon of carrier oil (such as sweet almond), and only then pour into your bath. Bathe for at least 7-10 minutes so that essential oils can make their way into your system. Number of drops of Immunity blend recommended for a bath according to age:
1 to 2 year old children 2 to 3 drops
2 to 3 year old children 2 to 4 drops
3 to 7 year old children 3 to 5 drops
7 to 12 year old children 4 to 6 drops
12+ teenagers and adults 5 to 8 drops
EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Keep out of reach of children!
Important! Before first use, it is recommended to perform a patch test: apply a small amount on the inside of your forearm and watch for any unwanted reactions – rash, redness, itchiness, etc.
The recipe was created by Giedre Velickiene, clinician, aromatherapist and loving mother. Made in a fragrant aromáma laboratory in Lithuania. Every single bottle is touched by our beautiful Goddesses’ hands.