ORGANIC GROUND-ELDER POWDER, RAW, 50 G.
Also known as goutweed, the ground elder is one of the first abundant edible greens that appear in springtime, together with cow parsley and nettles. It has a long history of being used as medicine-food.
Past research on the chemical composition of ground elder indicate that this plant includes:
- Essential oils, mainly limonene (the same as in lemon, has antibacterial properties) and felandren that have fungicidal properties.
- Large amounts of vitamin C and provitamin A (carotene).
- Minerals: iron, copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- Flavonoids, which are antioxidants.
- Saponins which have diuretic and expectorant properties.
Ground elder in traditional medicine is used primarily in the treatment of rheumatic diseases and gout.
Ingredients: organic milled ground-elder 100 %.
Net weight: 50 g.
1 in stock