Fireweed tea or Ivan Chai is a traditional fermented herbal tea, or tisane, made from fireweed (willow herb). Fireweed tea promotes longevity and health, with a smooth, sweet, floral flavor. Fireweed has been used safely as a herbal tea for hundreds of years in Siberia, Russia, and throughout Europe, both as a dried green leaf and as a fermented tea beverage. It is listed in the European pharmacopoeia as a traditional treatment for prostate problems. It is considered safe through centuries of traditional use. Fireweed contains an easily digestible protein that fills the body with energy and vivacity, restores strength and increases vitality. It contains a large amount of vitamin C and due to a group of B vitamins, Fireweed tea supports mental peace and good sleep.
- Normalizes blood pressure
- Balances digestive health
- Promotes relaxation
- Builds immunity
- Improves mood
- Strengthens circulation
- Supports the kidneys and urinary system
- Detoxifies the body
- Relieves migraines and tension headaches
- Prevents cavities
- Improves prostate health
- Caffeine free and non-addictive
Hawthorn berries contain flavonoids and are rich in vitamin C and beta-carotene, B vitamins, pectin, minerals and organic acids.
- Treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Hawthorn is traditionally used for prevention and help in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- Lowering cholesterol. Hawthorn extracts show hypolipemic effects, they affect the reduction of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol) and triglycerides and at the same time increase HDL cholesterol (commonly known as “good” cholesterol). And these benefits could already suffice as high cholesterol seems to be one of the dominant health problems in adults.
- Reduction of atherosclerotic deposits. Hawthorn extract contains proanthocyanidins, which play an important role in the prevention of atherosclerosis. The same compound is found in grapes, which are famous for their beneficial effects on atherosclerosis.
- Lowering blood pressure. The active compounds contained in hawthorn reduce the resistance of blood vessels (eg they increase the inflow of blood to the heart by expanding blood vessels), which as a result reduces blood pressure.
- These are the properties of hawthorn appreciated for centuries by folk medicine! Hawthorn preparations administered under medical supervision are very effective in the early stages of heart failure and arrhythmia, especially for the elderly. This has been proven many times in research.
- Antimicrobial support. Some studies show that hawthorn extract was characterized by strong antimicrobial activity against a number of pathogenic bacteria and showed antifungal properties. For this reason, hawthorn tea is recommended in winter. Thanks to the flavonoids it contains, hawthorn has anti-inflammatory effects. These compounds prevent the synthesis and release of inflammatory agents, including histamine. It has been demonstrated in many in vitro and in vivo studies that hawthorn preparations strengthen the immune system.