It is early spring and plants have just started to bud and sprout. The earth is coming alive once more for the next beautiful cycle. The coming of spring means our bodies are now beginning to crave more fresh fruit and salads. However,
it is still a little early for most harvests. So, our solution is URBANFOOD raw powders! We stock a wonderful selection of organic, vegan and 100% natural raw powders which are a wonderful addition to our diets for the extra boost of nourishing vitamins and minerals. In this blog post I will share with you some of my favourite uses for these powders as well as a couple recipes! I hope you enjoy! 🙂
In case you missed it, we are currently having a sale – up to 40% off on selected powders! Check it out here.
URBANFOOD raw powders are a great addition to:
- Cereal or granola
- Healthy desserts
- Even sprinkle on your sandwich or soup/stew
And the list goes on! Feel free to get creative. There is no limit to the uses of these wonderful powders.
TIP! As these powders are raw in order to retain all the nutrients, I advise that you avoid cooking with them. Nutrients start to deteriorate at 42°C so for best results sprinkle over prepared hot meals, rather than mixing them into a pot of boiling porridge or soup or whatever it may be.
- For fruity/tropical smoothies, combine our raw berry powders (such as blackcurrant or raspberry) with mango or banana for consistency and your preferred fruits – apple, pear, kiwi, pineapple, passion fruit. Go wild!
- For veggie boosted smoothies, try adding our carrot, beetroot or artichoke powders to banana/avocado and apple.
- Super nutritious green smoothies are simple to make with any selection of fruit and kale, dandelion leaf or nettle powder. Perfect for those suffering from anemia or iron deficiency.
- Why not try a delicious pumpkin pie smoothie – combine banana, dates, pumpkin powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, ginger, and some plant milk of choice.
- Our skin-loving sea buckthorn berry powder is a great addition for healing all types of skin conditions – acne, eczema, dry skin etc.
A quick and nutritious twist on PB&J:
- Rice cakes
- Peanut butter or nut butter of choice (natural, and additive free)
- A sprinkle of raspberry powder
- A touch of maple/agave syrup or coconut sugar
Make you own chocolate!
It is quite simple and you get a much healthier treat than most store bought chocolate bars. You can then nibble on it as is, make your own peanut butter cups, or even make delicious hot chocolates. And did you know that raw cacao contains more iron than any other plant based source and more calcium than cow’s milk? These are just a couple of the many proven benefits of raw chocolate!
You will need:
- Raw cacao butter
- Raw cacao powder
- Coconut sugar
- Plant milk of choice/creamed coconut/cashew butter
- URBANFOOD powders of choice such as mint, raspberry, elderflower etc.
All you have to do is gently melt the cacao butter in a pyrex bowl by placing it over a steaming pot of hot water. Then add remaining ingredients, mix well, pour into molds and allow to set in the fridge.
I wish you lots of fun trying out these recipes, and hope you enjoy the delicious benefits our raw URBANFOOD powders bring to you and your family!
Happy creative clean eating!
Love, Light and Truth,
Why not follow me on instagram where I share my tips and recipes almost daily!